Modem and Bluetooth adapter conflict

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by desertguy, Aug 20, 2005.

1. desertguy

desertguy Private E-2

Hi guys. Recently I purchased a Bluetooth adapter to transfer files between my cell phone and my laptop. I got that working with no problems, but the Bluetooth USB adapter seems to block my modem from dialing out. So, I have been taking the checkmarks out of everything related to the adapter in the startup menu in msconfig. This stops the Bluetooth software from starting when I reboot and lets the modem connect. Now here's my dilema. I want to use a Bluetooth wireless headset to talk to friends online. But, the modem won't dial up unless I have the Bluetooth program shut down. Is there a way to direct the Bluetooth to one port and assign another port to the modem so I can use them both at the same time? Please be generic and very specific with any responses as I'm just a lowlife Private in the Majorgeeks chain of command.

Jim

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds