MOHAA making my own game server

Discussion in 'Software' started by tanz, Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tanz

tanz Private E-2

you know when you go play a game online and you search for servers online to join. Well how do i make my own game server. I have created the game ie)I have created the level, ping, type of match. But, what i am wondering is my game server showing up on the list of internet servers.

2. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

You probably dont have a really good pc so your ping is poor; and inadvertently the avg joe gamer will look for the lowest ping. The gamer that keeps coming back will keep a same-server and know the people in it.

3. tanz

tanz Private E-2

im on a differnt computer now much better one. broadband, pre installed xp.

runs mohaa fine but tell me how to make it show up on the list of internet servers

4. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

if you create a game through the main game lister it will automatically apear under the master game list; unless your behind a router/firewall blocking outgoing ports.

5. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Broadband means nothing. Is it cable or DSL. What is your upstream? If you do not have a huge upload amount (no cable wont even come close) you cant play more then a few players. Frankly, a dedicated server you buy or lease is the best option.

6. tanz

tanz Private E-2

i have got dsl

wats upstream?

7. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

DSL has the worse upstream any broadband has. Tops you will get off a dsl line is 20-50k upload depending on network saturation. Maybe enough to hold 4ppl server.

8. tanz

tanz Private E-2

are servers free

9. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

The only thing free in life is air. Im trying to get my patent going to charge the world-air-tax and profit though!

10. mors_crudelis

mors_crudelis Private E-2

you could rent a gameserver
    (www.gameservers.net)
    they do good fast, reliable mohaa-servers...

but you can run your own if you like..

i have belgacom skynet (belgium) ADSL and it has an upstream of like.. +- 192kbps and it can hold over 6 people without really having bigtime lag experience..

make get it added on gamespy

btw: mohaa server without anyone in it except yourself is ping of aprox 30 so, that's a very low (quote) joe gamer (/qoute) -ping so you will be added on top when filtered for ping...

hint: just invite your friends to join, so they can join in on IP adress.. hell lot easier...

or : you can always join a fav. server of yours, (descent one ... (gameservers.net for example) they are always crowded, online, and fast...)

11. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I won't even ask where you pulled this figure from.

My DSL has an 896kilobit upload, however, supports 1 megabit. I was uploading via bittorrent yesterday at 100-120k/s. Cable is usually less than this (around here anyway).

Through Qwest, of all places.

12. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

I won't even ask where you pulled this figure from.

13. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Did you have a point, other than to quote me?

14. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

Well you attacked me personally so I was just mimicking; you know, so you know it feels like butt.

15. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

If you felt it was an attack, or took it personally, then you might want to go out and get some fresh air :)

Your figure was based on...what exactly? Because it is/was largely untrue.

I'll even go so far to apologize, if you took it as such.

You shouldn't let the internet get to you like that :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2005
  16. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

Stuff like that; which isn't needed to make your point I consider a personal attack.

17. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

A lot of things on forums arent needed to make a point, but they are there, regardless. You either read it, or you don't, its your choice.

If it offends you, then the solution is quite simple.

Don't read it, unplug from the net, go out and get some fresh air.

18. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

So if thats the case why even bother with your comments to begin with?

19. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

/sigh

I even apologized.

Check your PMs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds