Mohterboard broken, need upgrade or replacement.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Prophets21, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Prophets21

Prophets21 Staff Sergeant

It's quite a simple problem, my socket 478 mobo has broken.

I need a new mobo that supports 4 sticks of pc3200 ram and AGP 8x.

I need to either find a new replacement mobo & cpu that supports the above, or get a replacement socket 478 mobo, which isn't going to be easy to find or so I'm told...

:confused:

Any tips?

Thanks.

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

478's are still available andhere's one relatively cheap. There are also mobo/CPU bundles available. It'll take a P4 nicely and has all you want and more.

3. Prophets21

4. volumeone0686

volumeone0686 Corporal

Dude listen to me man! if ur a gamer sounds like u are with agp and 4 gbs of ram dude leave that 478 man.I went from a 3500 64 to a intel duo running at 6 ghz for 200 bucks and omfg.dude its worth it man trust me on this.

5. Prophets21

I might upgrade in the future.

The repair shop has given me an Asus P4S800-MX for now, which only takes 2 slots of RAM.

6. Prophets21

Ok so the new mobo doesn't work either.

Bother.

Looks like I'll have to upgrade processor, mobo & gfx card after all.

7. technoidiot

technoidiot Private E-2

Did you try ebay? I found an MSI PT880 neo series for around 50 bucks including shipping

8. Prophets21

Well no, but I've kinda given up hope on it now, I've started moving the parts into this PC.

I'll upgrade it with a new MOBO and CPU some time in the near future. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds