Moisture inside Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AnneM, Feb 6, 2009.

1. AnneM

AnneM Private E-2

my son found his laptop sitting in pool of water on the desktop! Doesn't know how it happened. We set it outside with bottom sideways in the sun to ventilate but it still doesnt want to start. I was unable to remove the bottom to further ventilate. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You should not attempt to start it for several days. If you've already done so, it is possible that you have shorted something.

Remove the battery. I would set it the way you've already done and place a fan near it to speed up evaporation. If you can get the hd out easily, remove that too; if you can't figure out how to remove it, let it in.
    You will also want canned air. In a few days, when the fan has evaporated most of the moisture, use canned air in the openings and at the keyboard.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds