Monitor and Sound Crash, but not system

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by seniorfrito, Jul 14, 2005.

1. seniorfrito

seniorfrito Private E-2

Ok I just bought the ATI Radeon x700 Pro 256MB AGP. I have a T3065 Emachines, yeah I know crappy, but I've upgraded the hell out of it. I have two sticks of 512MB RAM = 1024 for those of you that can't add. Straight to the point, I got an all in one disk drive. It includes DVD-RW, CD-RW, and DVD-ROM. Yeah great isn't it, but now a bunch of my games crash in mid play. Now you know I can't have that happening. This did not happen before I put the drive in, and I had the new video card in. So anyway I play Star Wars Galaxies and out of the blue my monitor and my sound will just quit. Power will stay on, but no picture and no sound. The monitor LED will stay on and same with the speakers, but no picture.

As far as I know nothing happens to my system. I can still hear fans and as far as I know the system is still on and my games might still be playing, but I can't tell. The only way I can get out of the situation is by shutting down my computer manually. This happens about every 15minutes. Also my Star Wars BattleFront will Freeze midplay as well. Same thing I have to shut down, only nothing happens to my monitor. So any help would be nice.

If you need more info about what else I have in my system, I'll be happy to add on. I have an old monitor, but works fine outside of games, the guy I work with knows a lot, but what he said was unplug my old DVD-ROM drive and make sure that my all in one is the only drive plugged in, then make sure that it's the master drive in the BIOs. I did that, but same thing happened. I used to have a CD-RW in place of the all in one. So again any help would nice.

2. kjanz

kjanz Corporal

i smell bad memory.
    try one stick at a time

3. seniorfrito

seniorfrito Private E-2

But it only happens when I'm in the middle of specific games. Everything else runs fine. Only stick came with the computer that I bought last year and the other, I bought and it's only a few months old. I'm almost positive it's not the memory. I'm only saying that because I work at a computer repair and usually other things crash like the system when it's bad memory. Like the computer usually doesn't come on when it's bad. But you may be right. If all else fails I'll try that. I'm actually trying to run the game with the device unplugged and see if that works. If that's not it, then I'm going to uninstall WindowBlinds which I got right around the same time I hooked up the DVD-RW Drive. Thanks for quick response.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds