Monitor flashing from black to white

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by redwench, Dec 26, 2009.

1. redwench

redwench Private E-2

Wed. I shut down our pc's ( 2 ) as we was going out of town for holidays for 4 days or so.. They were working just fine with no problems at all
    When I got home an booted em back up Mine just goes from the black screen then flashes to a white screen ,keep flashing back and forth never gets any color nor can you see any desktop icons

monitor is apx 10 months old ( I-INC brand )
    am running windows XP

tried rebooting ,unplugging let sit for while ,rehooking all cables nothing helps

2. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

Have you tried the monitor from your second PC on the first that gives you the problems, to eliminate the monitor as a cause? You can do this the opposite way round, hooking suspect monitor to good PC.

If the problem still occurs irrespective of the monitor then post some information regarding the hardware of the PC that shows the problem, e.g., Brand name and model number, also graphics card name and type.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds