monitor INF for win xp, I am going to pitch this f'ing flatscreen

Discussion in 'Software' started by BluesMan, Sep 8, 2003.

1. BluesMan

BluesMan Sgt. Snot Bubble

Want to do a dual display. First monitor, vx1120 Diamondtron NF 22" analog works great. Second monitor FPD1500 digital flatscreen, will only work in 640x480 60hz 8bit color. Current OS is xp pro with all updates. Video card is Nvidia GeForce2 mx400. This setup worked before on this very system. Since then , system has been formatted. I have tried loading the INF for the fpd1500 monitor for win2000 thinking this would work. It recognizes the moniter, then if you change any settings, refresh rate, resolution, etc, it immediately goes black and the power light goes orange. If I run the 1500 together with the 22" I get same results. If I run 1500 stand alone, I get same results.

I am losing my mind trying to make this work. Video card has latest drivers 4.4.4x

Please help me before I explode.....

2. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

??? nVidia's lastest drivers are 4.5.2.3. 4.4.0.3 went out mid-August.

My first guess would be to contact Gateway to get WinXP drivers for the FPD1500, or use the default. Maybe try changing video setting from "Apply changes immediately" to "Reboot to apply changes".

3. Tater

Tater Tot

Does the GeForce 2 MX400 have 2 VGA outs or are you using a splitter?

4. BluesMan

Has an analog and a digital out. Get this, when I boot to Safe Mode, the resolution is 1024x768 32 gotta be a driver somewhere. I went into the INF dir and deleted all the oem*.inf's that had anything to do with video, hoping the system would detect and load the correct files, didn't work. It has to be a driver somewhere, but I can't seem to figure out which one yet. If anyone has any ideas plz share...im going crazy LOL

5. BluesMan

also when in safe mode , under device manager, it doesn't list any monitor subgroup. Every other group is listed, display adapters is listed and correctly detected. This is getting weird.

6. BluesMan

ok.....so I just about got it.....then once the nvidia drivers loaded it reverted back to 4k color.....gonna try gutting the video one more time....grrr

7. BluesMan

no dice...

putting in a new 60gig drive for a fresh install and see if its possibly my windows. its the only thing I can think of. If it works...guess Im headed for a format....sigh....

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

We get calls all the time on this Gateway flatscreen and XP...with the same problems.

Let me know how it works out, but I am guessing the new install of XP is going to end up being the same.

9. BluesMan

yup no workie. Oh well. I have no idea how we got ti to work before. I will just put in for a new system next spring.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds