Monitor is Blank When Starting Computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by themeangel, Jan 26, 2007.

1. themeangel

themeangel Private E-2

I Think I have a Graphics Card Problem, But don't know how to fix it.
    I have an Older Computer. CompaQ Presario
    It has an onboard Graphics Card. I was On the computer Watching a Video Clip online and the Computer locked up. I Shut it down and When I turned it back on All I see is a Blank screen.
    First since My Daughter and I have identical Computers I hooked up her monitor To my computer And the same thing happened I can here the Computer Starting but just have a Blank Screen.
    Since I do not have any recovery Discs for this Computer.
    (It just has a Special Recovery Partion To Reload everything.) When the computer starts you usualy see an option to start Windows or the Recovery partion. But I see Nothing.
    So I could not reload my os if I tried Because I cannot see anything on the Screen.
    After I realized it was not my Monitor. I Took out my Hard Drive and Placed it in my daughters computer. And it started fine.
    No errors no problems. But when I put it back in my Computer
    I still see a Blank Screen.
    I went to Compaq site. And it's telling me to Reset my Bios.
    I know for a fact I did not change anything in my Bios.
    Plus if I cannot See anything on the Screen. I cannot see the Bios screen or menu or anything
    (I've tried hitting f8 and starting in Safe mode.) But still I see nothing on the Screen.
    This is an onboard Graphics card So if the Card is bad, you have to get to a menu screen to disable it. And enable a new one.
    So If I can't see the screen How do you fix it??
    Thank you for any help

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds