Monitor keeps flickering and blacking out

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by goneriding, Mar 10, 2005.

1. goneriding

goneriding Private E-2

Hi Folks:

This is becoming an annoying situation. I have a NEC MultiSync FE1250 Monitor that keeps flickering and now it is completely blacking out to a white line in the middle of the screen then the display reappears. Any suggestions as to what this can be and how I can fix it?

Thanks

2. Verig

Verig Private E-2

Component that takes care of H and V sync is dying? (or components, whatever)

If the problem is not in you graphics card then you're probably in deep shit. :(
    Repairing monitors tends to be Very expensive.

3. goneriding

goneriding Private E-2

I was hoping that this would not be the solution. I am not sure about the H and V sync - I will look into that. I suppose my next option would be to purchase a new graphics card and see if that works. I just purchased this monitor about 5 months ago, so I will be pissed if it is already burned up.

thanks

4. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

well, the monitor should still be under warranty, right?

anyway, the last time i've seen this happen was in my computer. there was a slight electrical short on the video card *cough*water*cough*, but a towel and (for you) dustoff did the trick. but yeah, i'd check out the video card first. like, buy a cheap one and test it. if it works, then return it and get a really good video card. if it's not the video card, then return it and RMA the monitor.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds