Monitor loses signal when playing Maple Story

Discussion in 'Software' started by miSSareY, Dec 7, 2005.

1. miSSareY

miSSareY Private E-2

I just downloaded Maple Story www.mapleglobal.com and i am able to open it and login and run it for about 5 minutes, but then my monitor will just 'lose its signal' and the little light will glow amber like it does in sleep mode. i've checked all the cables and they're all attatched, so i'm pretty sure its more of an internal thing.
    I've checked a few of the threads about monitors losing signals but they make no sense to me.
    The monitor will ONLY switch off when i've got MS open, not at any other time, so is something there interfering with the system?
    I have downloaded the program that gives me my 'system specs' but i don't know exactly what i should post here. do i give it as a .txt file?

Thanks for taking the time to read, and im sorry that i only ever post to get technical help :eek:

2. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

Check power options in windows and make sure turn off montior is set to never.

3. miSSareY

miSSareY Private E-2

hey, thanks for the reply and the suggestion, i changed it, even though the setting was to turn off after 20 minutes.... when i'm playing maple story i only have it open for about 5 minutes before it shuts down so i don't think its that.
    i tried MS again, and it had the same result. i think it might be something to do with my video card.

4. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

Did You check for spyware or viruses (trojans)?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds