Monitor loses signal with mouse or keyboard input .

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by al9180, Mar 3, 2008.

1. al9180

al9180 Private E-2

Hi im having problems trying to fix the following pc for a friend

http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/advent/pc/t9000.htm

He tells me that the pc has not been used for around 8 months . Firstly the ati radeon card has been removed , using the onboard vga connection gives a picture until either i try to use the mouse then the monitor switches to no signal and the same with any input from the keyboard , this happens either in windows or when i try to press the del key to enter bios . So far i have confirmed the monitor isnt faulty by using a differnt pc on it and i have also tried a differnt monitor with a dvi connection with the same result , if any one has any suggestion id be grateful for a bit of advice . Cheers Al .

2. Appzalien

Appzalien Staff Sergeant

Have you tried using different mouse and keyboard? If an AGP card was removed, did you reenble the onboard video via the mobo manual instructions?

Also try removing, wiping the connections off and replacing the memory into the same slots one at a time. And if there is more than one stick try leaving the dimm1 stick in only and test then switch to the other and test to see if one stick is bad.

3. al9180

al9180 Private E-2

Hi cheers for the respone ive tried a new mouse and keyboard and ive swapped the ram out for some out of my own computer all of which dont help . Im trying to get the manual for the mother board at the moment but the manufaturers website isnt working properly so the pdf manual download freezes and wont fully open to view in a browser window either . im pretty convinced that its a hardware issue i have another ati radeon 9200se card to put in it but it doesnt work automatically when i put it in the agp slot and cant work out how to do it manually at the moment as i cant get in to device manager in windows i dont know how to do it through bios so i think im a bit stumped with out the manual . cheers al

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds