monitor problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by renegadeone8, Jan 29, 2006.

1. renegadeone8

renegadeone8 Private E-2

i have a compaq CRT monitor, that used to work fine, but now....not so good.
    it still displays the picture just fine, but it is all squished into the middle of the screen. top to bottom displays fine, but the width is only about 50% of what it should be. i tried resetting monitor to factory default, and playing with all the settings on the monitor. i tried changing the resolution through windows, and the refresh rate. i updated video drivers, then rolled them back. nothing software wise seems to work....think the monitor is just damaged, but i figured i could ask.

2. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

Common for a monitor about to die all together..... Just stretch it out best you can with the monitor controles....in most cases thare is a setting in the driver of your video card to stretch the input signel out also.. if your lucky you can make the screen last till you have a chance to get a new one.....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds