Monitor turns off and then back on by itself, without explanation.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Outlawstar15a2, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Outlawstar15a2

Outlawstar15a2 Corporal

Yesterday my monitor turned itself off and then back on and today it did it again while I was playing Smite. The first time it did it I was surfing the web with firefox. Each time so far that it does this the sound and the rest of the system continues as normal, the monitor literally cycles itself off and then back on and then resumes as normal as if nothing happened.

2. Outlawstar15a2

Outlawstar15a2 Corporal

Could it be a display driver issue? I recently upgraded Catalyst to 13.4 not even a week before this started to occur.

3. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

How long is it off? A second or much longer?

Maybe, but until you isolate the problem to the computer or the monitor, you cannot tell. So I recommend you swap monitors with another computer and see if the problem moves to the 2nd computer, or stays with your computer.

Make sure all your cables are securely fastened too.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds