monitor/tv too bright

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nexus_, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Nexus_

Nexus_ Staff Sergeant

Well to start off i know tv's or monitors have a brightness adjustment in the menu i have gone through this already and it does not help.

I bring down the contrast to 0 and brightness to 0 and really it doesn't change much in terms of how bright the display is. The brightness hurts my eyes i swear changing the brightness from the tv menu only makes it darker but the actual lcd is still bright.

supersonic sc-1311 is the tv i am using i am using it as a display monitor

2. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

Check this out and consider buying the suggested Disney WOW Blu-ray.

I am assuming this is a new TV. I note brightness is typically set way too high at the factory because in showrooms, they want them to stand out. Also, if this is replacing an old TV, maybe the old was not as bright as it should have been and you just need to give it some time to get used to it.

3. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

4. Nexus_

Nexus_ Staff Sergeant

is there something like f.lux for linux?

The issue is any part of the day, i noticed one of my other hdmi tvs has a control from a 1-10 for a backlight this small one doesn't the backlight is just cranked all the way up i want to reduce it.

If my tv has no option for it is there a work around i can do, it does have a usb port

5. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Version for Linux from the F.lux homepage: https://justgetflux.com/

A TV should have a variety of modes built-in, check the website for your model# or the manual.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds