Monitor won't recognize video card...(help)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bryan0326, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Bryan0326

Bryan0326 Private E-2

Here's the story...
    I've built my personal system before, about 3 years ago, and it all works fine, so I talk my mother into letting me build her one instead of going to a store just to pay for a brand name. She agrees and I order what I think is a complete system, it may not be these days, but it all came in this week and I hooked it all up to what I could remember, and when I went to turn it on, the monitor, on and plugged in, didn't ever show the bios...the monitor is brand new, and I took the case up to my computer monitor and it does the same thing. just stays as a black screen. but if you unplug it on both monitors, it says cannot find input or something along those lines. The system is this:

• ASUS P5QL PRO LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard
    • Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600AAJS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
    • Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
    • Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor
    • SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S223F
    • LITE-ON Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DH-16D3S-04
    • Rosewill RNX-56AG Agere 56Kbps PCI Bus (Plug & Play) Internal V.92 PCI Date/Fax/TAM modem
    • GIGABYTE GV-RX365512H Radeon HD 3650 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card
    • HEC 6C28BSOH48D Black / Silver 0.8mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 485W Power Supply

The video card didn't have the 15 pin blue port but came with a VGA to DVI Adapter which I used, and it even worked on my personal PC, so that's not the problem. With the case open, the fan on the video card runs on start up. Just wondering how if I should RMA the video card and try a different model or if something else is conflicting that I don't see.

I asked my friends and them being lazy suggested I go here for help. I checked the gigabyte website and they didn't have any information on the video card. So here I am. What do you think?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds