monitor wont show video......

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Willyamm, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Willyamm

Willyamm Private E-2

ive checked and this is not a video card issue. Dell says that i could be a corrupt operating system and that i needed to get in contact with software support (large amounts of spent money) i was wondering since i cant see anything at all on any monitors is there any way i can repair my OS w.o having to format it and delete the partition since i can see nothing on the screen or am i just SOL and have to pay dell to tell me what to do.

2. Unexperiencedn00b

Unexperiencedn00b Private First Class

Could it be a monitor problem? Maybe make sure your cable is secured all the way to the video card? Have you done anything different recently that maybe have caused this problem to occur?

3. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Yeh what you did up to and around the time of the problem will be helpfull :)

Try to describe the problem in as much detail as possible,the less guessing we have to do the faster it will be fixed :)

Right then,you walk over to your pc turn it on all the fans inside start spinning as usual but the monitor doesnt display anything

Is this what is happening,post as much detail as possible about your comp,the model of the dell,age,operating system ect :)

4. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Private First Class

Whoever told you that is full of it. If it was a corrupted OS you would still see the computer booting up until the operating system loaded. Sounds more like a hardware issue.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds