Monitor won't wake up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by akanrg, Aug 6, 2005.

1. akanrg

akanrg Private First Class

Hi all,

A strange thing is happenning and maybe someone can help.

My power is set to shut down my monitor after 1 hr. Had no problems until yesterday. The monitor will not come on! Not with the mouse nor the keyboard. All I had to do before is to touch the mouse and the sleepy orange light would turn to green and the picture would come on and now, nothing.

The only way to turn the picture back on is to restart the comp.

The only changes I made as of yesterday and that was the day before was upgrading my ZAP. Is it a mouse or keyboard problem? Is it my video card?

Can anyone help?

btw, I hope I'm in the right forum section.

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

This could be a hardware issue, or a software issue since you said you upgraded/installed ZAP. What is ZAP? Is that Zone Alarm Pro?

What happens when you turn your monitor off, then back on? Instead of rebooting.....

What OS are you using?

A wee bit more information would be helpful by reading the following link:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/announcement.php?f=22

3. akanrg

akanrg Private First Class

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds