More questions about a video card

Discussion in 'Software' started by whicky1978, Sep 19, 2006.

1. whicky1978

whicky1978 Staff Sergeant

If I intall a new video card, will it conflict with other one if I leave it intalled? (It looks like I could intall both. Also, do they make video card slots that have a coaxial connection and an DVI connection?

Right now, I am motivated to upgrade because I still have display adapter errors every now and then, many Dell XPS users have reported that it is bad hardware that causes this. I would like to upgrade to a video card that will hvae a DVI connection and allow me to record cable TV

2. whicky1978

whicky1978 Staff Sergeant

With a little research, I have found that i could install two video cards, and they may work or they may conflict. I have found video cards that have DVI out and coxial, but I coudl not read anything about how much RAM they have.

3. padams

padams First Sergeant

?????????????????????????????????????????
    what mobo do you have?
    that's pretty mcuh what it all comes down too. running two video cards is what is called SLI. You run two pci-express video cards together as one. I haven't heard of running two agp cards so i don't think you can do it. if you want a coax connection then i assume you're wanting tv on your pc so you need what's called a tv tuner. as far as the dvi goes, it just depends on what card you get. hope this helps.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds