Morton Salt

Discussion in 'Software' started by Skysarge, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

When it rains it pours...
    I somehow changed the screen display which is now solid black with white characters. I was attempting to change font size. To make it worse I don't know where to find what I need to have it revert.
    Aaargh...Beginning to think I could screw up a two car funeral.

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Apart from being black and white is the screen content otherwise normal, i.e. can you get to the desktop?

3. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

Yes
    While I was sitting here cussing at this apparatus, I closed out all open programs, tried to restore to previous point (computer is very new, there were none.)
    Shut down/restarted computer through Windows.
    I have my history/library back, (see separate post of mine) the screen is normal in all aspects as far as I know. I have no idea what the Hades I did, but I evidently did something correctly. Either that or the computer gods took mercy on me.
    And, thanks Earthling, appreciate intended help

Sarge
    Illiterate computer illiterate

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and to save Hades being a PITA

Try looking in Control Panel\Appearance and Personalisation\Personalisation and look for Windows Theme and click that, seems as if you have inadvertently turned on the Easy of Access options.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds