Mother board problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by iwest, Jan 13, 2005.

1. iwest

iwest Private E-2

Ok my mother board is a soltek Sl-k8an2-gr, Operating system is windows 2000, and my problem is that when i play games like Command and Conquer Generals the in game sound comes on and is running fine as well as other games, but i install Counter Strike Condition Zero, i start to play the game and the in game volume doesnt work i went to the options and check the audio but it was as high as it could go so i dont know what to do is it the game or the mother board?

2. Phatsta

Phatsta Corporal

definately the game, or your sound card not being compatible with the game. I remember getting this problem on the first counterstrike, I had to go change some driver within the game or something... can't remember.

I also got a similar problem on another computer when running Richard Burns Rally. It was because of the graphics card not being able to handle the demanding graphics in the game and the sound being keyframed to the graphics, hence the lag in picture causing lag in sound. Game running good otherwise?

Oh and another time I got this in Far Cry, I just reinstalled the game and it stopped.

Damn games are unstable ;)

3. Dude1010101

Dude1010101 Corporal

comone lets help the boy!!! :p :p any more sugestions?

4. Phatsta

Phatsta Corporal

I did! ;)

well maybe not. I'd try hunting down a patch or any info from the game developer. or try a different set of sound card drivers.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds