Motherboard/Graphics card compability

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Brainbuster, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Brainbuster

Brainbuster Private E-2

Will an Asus ENGTX460 graphics card work with an Asus P5KPL-AM EPU motherboard?

2. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

Yes. They are both PCI-E 16.

3. Brainbuster

Brainbuster Private E-2

well then...how can i get the motherboard to recogize the graphics card then. I have tried everything that I can think of!

4. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

Please describe what happens when you try to boot the system with the card installed. Do you get any display at all of the BIOS/post screen? Does it cut out later when windows starts to load? We need some description of what's happening to help you.

5. Brainbuster

Brainbuster Private E-2

The computer has no problems booting. I can boot just fine using the on-board graphics. My problem is that the graphics card installed is not recognized in the device manager. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics card 2-3 times. I can see the cooling fan spinning on the graphics card but that is about it.

6. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

7. Brainbuster

Brainbuster Private E-2

I just downloaded drivers for graphics card and then I get error that graphics card is not detected!

8. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

Are you sure you downloaded the drivers for the GeForce GTX 460 and that you selected the right operating system?
    If not, try it again. Is yes, then I'm out of ideas.

P.S. Make sure your on-board video is disabled in the system's BIOS before installing the driver.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  9. Brainbuster

Brainbuster Private E-2

I appreciate all of your help. But If I disable on-board graphics, I will not have any display what so ever. I have already tried that and had to end up pulling the cmos battery. lol

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds