Motorola W376(G?) Cell Phone

Discussion in 'Software' started by grc123, Nov 15, 2009.

1. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi G

What is the issue with the driver as it downloads for me ok, dont have a motorola phone to test it with but all I would imagine you need to do is with the phone not plugged in unzip the download and then right click the installer and choose Run as Administrator install the driver.

Then to access your phones data you click My Computer and look to see if the phone or a removable device is listed.

If you are having install issues, please describe the steps you are taking and what any error messages are?

Which Windows version is this PC?

3. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Hi "D" and thanks for the reply...

It's an XP PC. I believe I took the steps you mentioned...except, I think I had the phone plugged-in as I unzipped the file (download).

I will try again to install with the phone disconnected from the PC - then I will plug-back-in before looking in My Computer. That sounds correct, eh?

4. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Well I executed the process again (this time installing with the device not plugged-in), but this PC doesn't even seem to recognize/see it) now, whereas before, I was at least getting a "Found New Hardware" pop-up.

It does "charge" the phone/battery (which is one of the things it is supposed to do), but I still can't find the phone in My Computer to attempt transfer of the photos.

All I find/see in All Programs is the installer/license agreement/etc.

Any ideas?

5. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Ok this is weird.

I finally got an icon for it on the Taskbar (lower-right side - as a Startup), but it is in my "Limited" User Account (not the Admin where I downloaded and installed). I don't get the icon in the Admin.

Here is (part of) what I get from the icon:

TASK BAR ICON

MotoConnect, once installed, runs in the background and is started on subsequent reboots of the PC. Only when a supported device is connected to the PC does the user see the task bar icon. The MotoConnect icon provides information as to the status of the connection. The two states are:

Connected ¨C This means the phone has been identified, the proper drivers are working and the phone is in the correct mode to communicate with PC applications.

Change USB Mode ¨C This error is displayed when the phone is connected to the PC but the phone¡¯s current mode is not set properly. MotoConnect requires the phone to be in either ¡°Data Connection¡±, ¡°Modem¡± or ¡°RNDIS¡± mode depending on the type of phone connected. For more information on your phone¡¯s mode see your owner¡¯s manual or visit Motorola.com for assistance.

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi G

Not well up on Motorola phones as me no like them, but do you have the original Motorola Phone Tools Cd as that has software on it to control data from the phone? as this would be the instruction HERE

Seems as the last paragraph is more aimed at using the phone as a modem over getting data off it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds