Mounting Mobo, need help urgently

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Snuffles, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Snuffles

Snuffles Private First Class

I have a raidmax case, and with the mounting set of equipment that came with the case are three things. The brass Standoff screws, regular screw, and these little paper circles. Now, it is near impossible to keep the circles on while placing the mobo on top. DanTekGeek suggested using double sided tape to hold them and then to screw the mobo down. Now, are these little paper circles that fit between the mobo and standoff brass screw even nessicary. I would think not since the metal in the screws is touching anyway. Also, I am worried the tape will melt since I'm running like a 3200+ and a 9800 Pro in it. Help would be MUCH appreciated.

2. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

o_0 I always used the paper circles on the other side, just slid them over the end of the screw and then screwed it in.

3. Snuffles

Snuffles Private First Class

So just put the circles on top of the mobo

4. SiLenZe

SiLenZe Private First Class

the screws just keep the motherboard from touching the case and shorting out. the parts where the screws attach are non conductive.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds