mouse clicks

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cbblend, Jul 24, 2007.

1. cbblend

cbblend Private E-2

I am helping someone with their pics and when we went to click once, we found that the mouse is set so that it opens things on a single click so I can't show her how to use the control or shift buttons to select specific files or pictures. Help..... I did look under the mouse options, but did not find the correct setting. Help!!!!

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

To change the number of mouse clicks required to open items
    1. Open Folder Options in Control Panel.
      • Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
      • Double-click Folder Options.
    2. On the General tab, under Click items as follows, click the option you want.

3. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Hi CCblend, welcome to Major Geeks

start>controlpanel>mouse>buttons

Tick to double click to open files and folders

4. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Thanks Musky, I see there's more than one way to skin a snipe.

5. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

I thought you plucked 'em:D

Back on topic...... I had already gone to my control panel to check the steps and found that I don't have the option to change clicks in my mouse properties. (My OS is XP Home) Is that normal?

Attached Files:

6. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

You are absolutely right. Good job you were flying over.

I usually check things on an XP machine before I post but was lazy this time and took it from Windows 2000. Would be the one that's different.

7. cbblend

cbblend Private E-2

Thank you so much... I would not have thought to check folder options. Does that include pics too?
    I'll try it on her, my friend's machine. Pretty good for my first posting!!!

8. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

;)Yes, it does work with the pics, too.

9. cbblend

cbblend Private E-2

Tonight I tried the folder option and it worked! Thanks so much!!!

10. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Great and you're welcome. :wine

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds