Mouse Cursor Randomly Freezes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Atomysk, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Atomysk

Atomysk Private E-2

Hi there I've been having an issue for the past few weeks with my Razer Naga 2014. The cursor seems to stop responding sometimes for about 2-5 seconds and once in a while I have to reboot and or unplug and plug it back in for it to start responding again. This happens while using the mouse in games and just browsing the web. I have also noticed that once in a while when it freezes all the backlit buttons go dark like it is disconnected then light back up and it unfreezes. Another thing to add is that I have tried using different USB ports and the problem persists. Is this a sign that my mouse is faulty or is there a chance that it can be fixed?

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Razer have a number of steps for cleaning, maintenance and updating for that model to keep it working efficiently. In case you haven't already tried them see here, it's quite long with different problems answered:
    http://www.razersupport.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga/

3. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

I would sure try a different mouse too. While a loose eyelash or pet hair in front the laser can disrupt mouse movements, the backlighting going out sure suggests to me a power issue somewhere, not a dirt/cleaning issue.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds