Mouse dosnt want to work after blue screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by starwiper, Jun 11, 2011.

1. starwiper

starwiper Private E-2

Hey everyone :)
    umms i have a question which has got me stumped, and i hope i have this in the right part of the fourms, the stuff im using is a old pc,(shamefully a p4), with windows 7 and a logitech wired usb gaming mouse
    but the other day i got a little angry and hit my desk which put the pc into blue screen,then after i turned it on again the left click on my mouse didnt work both in safe mode and normaly, so i desided to shutdown and restart the pc, then it decided not to boot into bios or randomly do the surge when you plug the power in, so i removed the battery in the board to reset all the settings in COMS? i belive its called, then it decided to work fine then, However The left click still dosnt work. its a usm wired mouse, been trying to find a ps2 donverter to try that out, im certian that it isnt the mouse, becaue its a gaming mouse.. so it should be designed to be hit ^.^, But Anyways i cant think of the problem, tried uninstalling drivers and letting ms put there ones on. tried updating the drivers, tried all my ports, tryed only having the mouse pluged in. every other button works fine, i mean even this little button that dose that areo thing on windows 7,
    i reasigned the buttons to make it possible to use the comptuer once again, but i never knew how much i use right click in windows, untill now that i cant use it
    I cant seem to find a problem, the only thing i can think of is either a usb controller problem or a power problem, But those two can be ruled out because i also use a usb keyboard, and a 1tb external hard drive. and i run most of my programs off of the external so it cant be either of those
    please any thoughts or advice would be greatly apreciated, It could be just some small problem that i have overlooked (generally is with all problems)
    but atm all i can do is give the death stare at my open pc.. which im doing now =)

2. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

If you have access to another PC (friend, neighbor, etc.). hook the mouse up to it as a test: If the left-click still isn't working, the problem is a dead mouse.

I would stay away from USB>PS2 (or vice versa) adapters if possible - they don't always work as well as a straight-in connection.

Hope this helps. :)

3. starwiper

starwiper Private E-2

aw thanks thanks for the reply :)
    That is something that i am deffinetly gonig to try whenever i see a freind, gonig to chuck it at him, and get him to try it.
    but ows it isnt a good idea? i heard that ps2 had better bit-rate than usb even though usb is newer ( but ahh good old outdated usb)
    im trying to avoit the possibility of it being the mouse, but i dont think it is because the second before it BSOD i was left clicking like a champion, and it was only after that. im still a bit confused on the problem, mainly becuase i have no idea on how the ac current through a compuiter works, but from my understanding it bsod's when there is a release of static into hte board which causes conflictions so it bsod's and shuts down that part of the board to protect it, and i was thinknig that maybe a part of the board got damaged from it, or maybe the power might have shat itself due to the whole no surge when i plug the power into the pc

4. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

Actually, PS2 is an older technology than USB - many new PCs and motherboards do not have PS2 ports, just USB.

As for speed/bitrate on a mouse, either will work fine.

5. starwiper

starwiper Private E-2

Hehe ya it is pritty old, remebered the conectors from p1 days though :D
    Well for the mouse problem ended up getting another Mouse and it worked fine,however my pc died today... I had the covers off and a book on top of it. Started it up and didn't see that the graphics card was half i'n =.= so I rushed to get but mono's don't like static lol D=
    Rip pc 2003-2011 xP

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds