Mouse grief

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sobeit, Jan 11, 2007.

1. sobeit

sobeit Staff Sergeant

Hi all.
    I have a microsoft intellimouse explorer 4.0
    When it is plugged into a usb port (i have tried several ports) it works until i reboot, then i have to pull the plug and put it back in to get it to work.
    It works fine using a adaptor to plug it into the ps/2 port but this makes it too big and it is bending the wire.
    I have the latest 5.5 software installed.
    Any clues?
    Ta.

2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

3. sobeit

sobeit Staff Sergeant

Cheers bb, I shall give it a go later.
    None of your links on your thread are working for me at the mo?

4. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

It didn't work for me either.confused

Try http://www.majorgeeks.com/Microsoft_IntelliPoint_Mouse_Software_d2216.html

that works.:cool Just went there now.:D

MG had some trouble (404 errors) with some links lately.
    Maybe this was one of them, as well.

Sorry. Bazza

===

5. sobeit

sobeit Staff Sergeant

Hi bb.
    Done all that, thought it had worked, got the 'youre new hardware is ready for use' stuff.
    Re booted, it worked, re booted this morning, no response on the welcome screen, plugged it back into the ps port, had to re boot to get a response.
    Strange goings on, it isn't recognising the mouse, the power is there 'cause the red light at the back of the mouse is on when it is plugged into the usb port.
    One thing, if it is in a usb port, would i have to disable the ps port on the motherboard? Just wondered if it may be assigning the ps port to the mouse on boot up and assuming that is right.
    Stupid machines.

6. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Thats not a problem
    I have a Wireless intellimouse explorer (aka: devourer of batteries)
    plugged into USB
    and a 4D browser mouse plugged into PS2 at the same time
    both work fine

7. sobeit

sobeit Staff Sergeant

Oh.
    So that eliminates that, thanks shane.
    So what the f%*"ghfny^%$£nfing is it then? :D :cry confused
    Sort of mixed feelings here people!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. prometheos

prometheos Staff Sergeant

In Device Manager under "Mice and other pointing devices" it is possible to have "HID compliant mouse" and "Microsoft Intellimouse"( or similar) at the same time. On my system, that was pure poison. For many weeks my mouse driver software would disconnect from the USB port and the mouse would go dead. The solution??? Delete the "Microsoft Intellimouse" device in Device Manager and run with the "HID compliant mouse" only. Since then, it's been working without a hitch. :)

9. sobeit

sobeit Staff Sergeant

Hmm, thanks for the idea.
    I only see the intellimouse in my device manager, no HID.
    Would i have to plug it back into the usb port to do what you are suggesting?
    Ta.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds