Mouse Issue or something else I did?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mynx, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Mynx

Mynx Private E-2

Please disregard my last post, I tried to edit it but I took too long and it wou;dn't let me continue so I cut the whole thing out and I'm reposting. Sorry for any spam like inconvenience this may cause.

I've had a lot of issues here lately with my pc. (Win XP Pro/933/1024 RAM) I have a router, and I use Zone Alarm (free version) as well. I have AVG and Norton but I nerfed the Norton a couple weeks ago using either Spybot or Hijack This. I also removed something that had to do with overclocking and I'm not sure if I was overclocking before but my pc runs like butt now. (I'm listing all this cause the first post said to give alot of info so I'm trying to give you tech guru's as much as I can without being asked)

The main reason I came here and registered was to ask about an issue I've been having with my mouse. Sometimes when I'm just reading forums, or could be logged into a game but my mouse is idle so to speak (i'm not using it) the cursor will stick on the screen. This started a couple weeks ago- maybe even sooner and I may have thought my pc was locked up and just did a hard shutdown without giving it a second. I got really aggravated the other day and like some freak I started banging my mouse on the desk and I guess I clicked a few times and VOILA it moved on the screen. I was like wow, I don't have to reboot, YAY! As I said earlier it may have started sooner cause I have very little patience and in the past when it looked like it was frozen, the cursor was stuck on the screen I'd immediately do a shutdown. I didn't know if this may be virus related or if it's just something I messed up. (I have run my virus scan (AVG) cause Norton won't work and it comes up clean. My mouse is a Belkin Optical with the two side click bars, the regular right and left click and the wheel. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm not sure if it matters but I'll go ahead and admit I'm an idiot. Things I've done lately that may have caused this might be that I added Hijack This and I actually attempted to use my Spybot S&D again for the second time. The first time I used Spybot I think I really screwed some things up cause I had no idea what I was doing. Well this time when I used it, I did the same thing but I think it was worse. A lot of the items I'd selected to fix (I think that was the option) I really didn't need to mess with cause some were registry entries or something and I know the registry is a big no no for me since I have no idea what I'm looking at. This time I realized there was an option to put everything back as it was originally. I missed this the first time. :eek: Well since I thought I'd screwed up back in October when I ran it the first time, I decided to go and put everything back like it was. So I put all the stuff back I'd messed with the first and second times. Now with Hijack this I can't really remember if I fixed or deleted anything but I know my Symantec Corp Edition will NOT work anymore, and this was after I replaced all with Spybot. I think I really screwed myself.

If there is anyone REALLY patient and would want to work with me on these beginning issues, I'd really and I mean REALLY appreciate it. Thanks in advance to all who took the time to read. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds