Mouse Issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mada_Milty, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Good Day All,

I have a user suffering acute PMS - that's Pointer Movement Syndrome ;) His mouse pointer will randomly jump all over the screen. I'm sure many of us have seen this.

However, he has had the same symptoms with 2 differnt mice, both with different interfaces. I'm thinking it must be an issue with his Windows installation.

Now, I'd rather format his machine than spend hours troubleshooting the issue, but I thought I would ask if any geeks have a quicker fix I might try. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

TIA,

Milty

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

A few suggestions if you haven't already Mada:

Run WindowsCare http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4991.html

Is it near any separate power sources which could affect the mouse e.g speakers

Any changes to hardware that could have a driver incompatability e.g. PCI card etc - if so, driver update.

Failing that...Midol ;)

3. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Some great suggestions here. I don't think power is an issue, only his computer is on this circuit, and even that's got power conditioning (UPS).

There hasn't been any hardware changes.

I hope you'll forgive me of being a little wary of a black-box product such as WindowsCare, though. Visited their site, and can't find anything on HOW it works.

Has it corrected this issue for you in the past, Lev?

4. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Not for me - not personally had this issue, but I know someone who did and it worked for them, hence my suggestion. They never understood why it was happening either, and it happened with different mice too. They did all the regular stuff...change mouse mat, updated drivers, moved other power sources away, tried optical mouse and it even did the same with a mousepad!

Maybe someone could give some advice here on the WindowsCare package - I understand your wariness totally :) However, it is an MG download so I would think CP and MA have crawled all over it.

5. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Heh... That's a good point. And since this guys is facing a format anyway, I guess things can't get carried away too far.

Thanks muchly!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds