mouse jumping/lagging

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zhuya, Aug 21, 2010.

1. zhuya

zhuya Private E-2

Hey guys

here's my problem, after months of working normally, I began to experience the mouse lagging/jumping like crazy, it starts with just a small lag, if any at all, and as I'm logged on for longer period of time (that being 10 minutes) it gets worse and worse, and a couple of times it ended up completely freezing, so i had to restart my pc using the keyboard..but when the windows boot up, the mouse remains frozen and I can't move it at all, the only thing that helps is when I shut down the pc, and then turn it back on.. It gets back to normal, but that just helps untill it starts lagging and jumping again after a couple of minutes..

It's a ps2 ir laser mouse

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version and Service Pack (if applicable)?

Have you tried to boot into Safe Mode (F8 at boot) and see if the mouse shows this problem? as this may link into either a driver issue or a 3rd party application, generally security applications causing a slowdown.

What Security applications do you have installed, please name all?

Have you scanned for malware?

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

First thing I'd do is try a different mouse to see if it is a mouse issue or a computer issue.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds