Mouse Malfunctioning/ Windows 7/Lenovo SL500

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by geekfollower_83, Apr 14, 2010.

1. geekfollower_83

geekfollower_83 Private E-2

Greetings !!

since few days, i am experiencing this problem on my laptop,

SL500, Windows 7

Logitech USB mouse

The left click is continously ON and whenever i move , it just keeps on highlighting the text as we would do while selection..Interestingly,
    the left click of on Laptop = not working
    right click works fine and so does the touch pad and centre button..

sometimes, Fan starts running and doesnt stop at all, becos of which the laptop gets heated up too much and i have to switch it off, which is the only solution i have for the moment to deal with heating.. normally it works fine but this problem occurs once in a while and restart solves the problem for time being.

Pls note both problems are separate !

Recent Changes I Made
    -----------------------

Recently, I have installed few updates for windows 7 and am very high on surfing all the content , could some malware or virus be the reason for this.

Drivers for mouse are all deinstalled and then reinstalled , it didnt solve the problem

Please suggest , how do i overcome this problem ?

Cheers,
    geekfollower

2. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Mouse;

Go to control panel, then mouse, then check that all the settings are correct for your mouse. (Especially ClickLock)

Overheating;

Sorry, you have the fan on all the time, which causes it to overheat? That doesn't sound right to me.

Anyway, please download SpeedFan, report back Temps, and fan speeds please.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds