Mouse problems in Project IGI

Discussion in 'Software' started by coolguy, Mar 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coolguy

coolguy Private E-2

I use a Logitech Cordless Desktop ITouch Keyboard & Mouse combo. When playing the game 'Project IGI' (the older version), there is no mouse cursor on the screen. This makes navigating the menu difficult and playing the game almost impossible because there is no mouse cursor (crosshair) with which to aim at the enemy.

I play a lot of games like SOF 1&2, NFSHP2, Medal of Honour AA etc. and there is never any problem with the mouse. Only with Project IGI there is this problem. Any suggestions?

2. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

update your videocard drivers and directX version. also get the latest patch for Project IGI and the latest version for your keyboard/mouse combo and you're problem is solved, I know this from personal experience, seems to be a glitch in IGI...

3. coolguy

coolguy Private E-2

Actually the game needs older NVidia drivers. Version 23.11 or below. I searched the Eidos site for a patch. There is none. But I found this troubleshooting info which said that the problems with mouse cursor not being visible will get solved on using older video card drivers.

And it worked properly after I installed ver. 23.11 drivers.

So updating to newer drivers will not work. It is also not related to mouse drivers.

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Sorry, it must be specific to certain hardware. Before I threw the CDs out from the game because I got sick of doing same map 400 times, I was playing it without patches using newest beta drivers...

5. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

worked fine for me with the newest drivers, wouldn't even get past the loading screen with the older drivers...

6. hemantnatwadiya

hemantnatwadiya Private E-2

So plz help me to play the game project igi

7. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

I had/have the same problem with Project IGI, no cross-hairs, which makes the game unplayable.

My meece is a cordless ball Logitech, and I tried every available driver, to no avail.

If someone has a solution, I would be more than happy to try it.

Unfortuantely, Eidos Interactive and InnerLoop have given up on the game, and don't offer anything in the way of support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds