Mouse Trouble - Windows 2000

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SanDiego2009, Apr 30, 2009.

1. SanDiego2009

SanDiego2009 Private E-2

We have an OLD computer at work that we use for our security software and card access system. This morning, when I logged on, for some reason the computer isn't recognizing the mouse. There is no pointer on the screen.

I checked the connection, unplugged and plugged in the mouse. Still doesn't work.

I was able to use the keyboard and navigate to the control panel, it says the mouse is fine and device is working properly.

I need to be able to see the pointer and use the mouse in order to use our security software.

Any ideas?? Please help.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

PS/2 or USB mouse? If PS/2, try a USB. Sometimes the PS/2 port dies.
    Careful - do not attach or unattach anything from the PS/2 port while the computer is on - those devices are NOT plug and play like USB.
    Also, check to be sure if PS/2 mouse that it is seated firmly; sometimes the plugs work out.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds