Mouse wheel causing PC to shut down apps and windows

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Darkmast508, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Darkmast508

Darkmast508 Private E-2

I think the title explains pretty well, but when I press the middle mouse button (Press, not scroll.) it shuts down whatever is up, including taking me to the Standby/Shutdown/Restart option. I have a USB LapMate optical mouse and I run a homebuilt PC on Windows XP. Help?

2. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

Did you install drivers for the mouse? They sometimes stupidly auto set the button to close app. It'll often appear in the icon bar thingy at the bottom and usually looks like a mouse.

Open the full bar and mouse over each until you find the icon. Failing that, try mouse properties in the control panel.

3. Darkmast508

Darkmast508 Private E-2

No, we didn't have any drivers to install.

4. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

Traixx2 is correct go to control panel click mouse and you should be able to customize any setting for the mouse buttons you have.
    If that doesn't work contact their support department support@asiapac.com.sg and explain what problems you are having you may have a defective mouse.

5. Darkmast508

Darkmast508 Private E-2

Well, I logged on a day after and it's stopped. For now.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds