Movie formats problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by SVicious, Apr 2, 2009.

1. SVicious

SVicious Private E-2

Every time i try to open a movie file like a avi, mpeg, mpg ect.. windows media player shows the picture of the movie then gives me a signature error

Error Signature
    AppName: wmplayer.exe AppVer: 11.0.5721.5145 ModName: unknown
    ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: f55eeb1b

Error Report
    this error report includes: information regarding windows media player when the problem occured the operating system version and hardwarein use: your Digital ID, which could be used to identify your license: and the IP address of your computer

the event log is as follows
    Source Application Error
    Event ID 1000
    Faulting application wmplayer.exe, version 11.0.5721.5145, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0xf55eeb1b.

I have tried to find something to fix this issue but I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, check for the K-Lite Codec package which I do not have.

So I have exhausted any means of figuring this out, last night it now seems to be happening to the other media players I was using since wmp decided not to work on me ie winamp,quicktime,divx

It is a fresh copy of windows and it is legit

windows xp pro 64bit
    dual core e8400 intel

need anymore specs just ask

2. avair

avair Private E-2

forget media player and download VLC it plays most everything

3. SVicious

SVicious Private E-2

your missing the point of my issue i don't want to go to another media player i want to resolve the issue. And it seems to be happening to every media player i install, i might get lucky sometimes and it will work but windows media player never works, i get lucky sometimes with winamp

4. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

uninstall any codec you have in your comp,and install k-lite codec pack.upon install if the installation find some broken format remove as recomended.

BUT before that DL ccleaner and run registry cleaner.run it as many times as you have.(until zero found).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds