Moving Files Inside A subfolder

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dmeyer07, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Dmeyer07

Dmeyer07 Private E-2

Hi, i have a folder with about 1,600 sub-folders. Inside each sub folder there is another folder, and inside that folder there is the actuall file that i'm looking for.
    (Some times its inside 5 sub-folders, sometimes its just in one sub-folder, ie. D:servermaps/mapfolder/fileiwant, or sometimes d:servermaps/mapfolder/subfolder/subfolder/subfolder/file i want)

Ihave some Screen Shots of them below to help you out :).

What i want to know is if there is a way to get all of them files out from them sub folders and move or copy and paste them to a differnt folder all togheter, w/ out having to go into each folder/subfolder find the file i want and move it one by one ( moving almost 2,000 files would take for ever)

Thanks for any help, if you need more info, just ask :)
    David
    [​IMG]
    (This is the main folder (SERVERMAPS) this is a pic of all the maps i have)

[​IMG]
    (This is inised one of them map folders, notice the subfolder)
    [​IMG]
    (This is inside that sub folder, displaying the acutall file i want)

All ofthe map files i want are BSP files, could i some how get the computer to copy all bsp files and move them? I'm lost thanks once again!

CLICK ON PICTURES TO ENLARGE THEM

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

he means that there are multiple sub folder where there files that he has to move out, not just one. It would definately take a long time.. Looks like it's time for me to write another program..lol :)

3. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Here is a way to do it ..self tested... zip them with winzip.
    Then when you double click the archieve you'll see all the files.
    Then select them all and drag them out.... tada!!!!
    Folders are gone!

Hope this helps.

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

Or do search in the folders in question, then drag the files out. Like *.bsp. Then move them to a centralized folder.

5. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

rock on.. *smacks head* I don't know why I didn't think of that.. I guess I'm stuck in "make something" mode ;)

7. theefool

theefool Geekified

Yeah, I was just about to post that I can create a batch file to do the same, then realized that the built in windows search would be a lot easier.

8. Dmeyer07

Dmeyer07 Private E-2

Thanks guys, it worked!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds