Moving files to a My Book Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Software' started by karic123, May 8, 2009.

1. karic123

karic123 Private E-2

I am having a problem moving some of my music files from "MyMusic" on my vista hard drive to my back up hard drive "My Book" I wanted to take advantage of some of the space on the back up but when I go to move some of the music files it says I can't copy some of the files properties.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Rick

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

The files apparently have properties attached them that can't be copied. If you can continue copying anyway and just ignore the message, then go ahead. The files should be fine. If not, use a 3rd party copying program that copies files at a 'lower level' and will copy the properties if you choose. My favorite file copier is Unstoppable Copier. The name says it all. If you use Windows to copy files and any type of small error is encountered, the whole copy process stops and you have no idea what actually copied over and what didn't. UnstopCop (that's what I call it; or UC) will continue copying regardless of any errors, and will also ignore or include the file/folder properties if you choose. And it's 100% free! And FAST!
    :-D

(you'll have to poke around thru the various tabs and copy options in UC to find the settings you're looking for 'cuz I don't remember exactly where they are, but it's all very easy and self-explanatory)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds