Moving Games to a New Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Software' started by Memnoch, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Memnoch

Memnoch Private E-2

Hello,

I have a minor problem regarding a few games that I own, on the existing hard drive they are on, the hard drive space is getting a bit small, so I want to put them on my second hard drive where I still have plenty of room, Problem is that I don't want to lose any save game information, can I just move the entire game folder to the new hard drive or do I have to unistall the game and then re-install.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Depends on the game, I do this with many of my games, the rare exception will not work. I would do a copy to the d drive, then delete it on c, and try and run it from d. If it does not work, copy it back and you have your answer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds