Moving Hard Dirve Driving me crazy !!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by plaff77, Mar 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plaff77

plaff77 Private E-2

I am attempting to move my hard drive to a new pc (this is because my old pc processor blew)

Im using windows xp and cant get the bloody thing to boot up

please help

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

3. plaff77

plaff77 Private E-2

When i switch on it checks the cpu and memory then it asks what window i want home edition or recovery what ever i choose a line comes accross the bottom and then stops and freezes

4. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

If your tryna get your old copy of xp to run a full new computer you just cant really you need to do a full reinstallation of windows,when you lost your cpu "or other parts:confused: "your windows files may also have been corrupted,do you have an xp disk:confused: ,if not you may be out of luck :(

5. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

If you are moving a hard drive with Windows already installed to a new machine it won't work unless the machines are identical.

Each machine has it's own settings and drivers.

Moving an established hard drive to an alien environment will cause problems.

You can either try a Repair, or a better solution is to format and reinstall Windows.

6. plaff77

plaff77 Private E-2

No Xp disk although the original machine (an hp t450) gave me the option of emergency disks

but everytime i try that it tells me that it does not recognize non hp machines

7. plaff77

plaff77 Private E-2

I have no xp disk only hp emergency repair disk (wont work in new machine)

very confused

8. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

If it's a recovery disc, it can only be used in the machine it was designed for, namely the HP T450.

It's not a Windows CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds