Moving stuff from one HD to a new one

Discussion in 'Software' started by Wicked, May 8, 2007.

1. Wicked

Wicked Private E-2

Hi Kiddies,

I am building a new pc this week to replace my studio work horse and everything I love is on the hard drives that are still viable. I plan on keeping the larger of the two original hard drives and using it as a slave drive in the new pc I have no problem with the my doc and image files staying on the original hard drive but my question is how do I move user information for explorer, Firefox, and Outlook, not express. I really don't want to loose all my favorites, bookmarks and emails, addresses and calendars... I have a brand new legal copy of xp coming with my pc guts so I don't want to drag the old xp with me to the new hard drive.

any ideas?

Thanks

Wicked

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

You can burn all your favorites and Outlook emails to a CD, or take a look thru the BackUp section here at MajorGeeks. There may be a utility in there that will make the back up process alot easier. To find your Outlook stuff, use the Windows search function (enable searching in hidden/system files and folders) and search for ".pst" without the quotes. Outlook uses the '.pst' extension on all of the files it creates....

good luck

hd2k

3. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

4. Wicked

Wicked Private E-2

thanks guys will give it a go later today I hope...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds