Mozilla Firefox 3 3.0.4 is BETA

Discussion in 'Software' started by PJD, Nov 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PJD

PJD Private E-2

FYI -
    The download for Mozilla Firefox 3 3.0.4 listed for today (11-12-2008) is a beta. It doesn't state that anywhere and it should be noted.
    ...and I thought I was getting ahead of the curve... :confused

2. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. oma

oma MajorGeek

It must be a stable release I hope because I clicked on the Help>Update button and it updated to 3.04 successfully just a few moments ago.

5. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

This happens frequently, so to the original poster, feel free to apologize anytime. We mark it beta when it is beta. Heres what happens.

- New version is ready.
    - It is uploaded to the FTP (had you checked the directories, you would have seen it was in the FINAL releases directory, not beta)
    - Tell webmaster to post it on front page, wait 1-3 days for that to happen.
    - Watch as a small handful of people are told that this is NOT final and another handful run around screaming that it is not final when they do not know what they are talking about.

Leave it to the experts, like Rush we are right 99.9% of the time. We have been in the software download business since the early 1993 or so with 3dfiles.com, tweakfiles.com and majorgeeks.com (and a handful of others)

Until the next Firefox release (this has only happened like 800 times before)

6. PJD

PJD Private E-2

No need for me to apologize. I installed Firefox and, when Firefox started back up, the initial page noted it was Beta and thanks for testing it out, more text for developers, etc. etc.

I'm assuming I got that page before they updated it to reflect the release status. Don't forget, plodr noted in an earlier post that he found a Mozilla web page showing 3.0.4 was beta.

I guess it's all in the timing.

7. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Yeah, because when you call someone a liar, and you were wrong an aplogy isnt warranted. Whatever. You downloaded from a mirror that wasnt current most likely. Whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds