Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird help

Discussion in 'Software' started by Anon-15281db623, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

Hi everyone,
    I just started using Firefox and i love it. I found Thunderbird recently and i want to start using it for my mail. When i installed it i had no clue what to put down for my settings and providers. Can some one out there who used Thunderbird tell me what to do. Oh ya i am using a netscape email but i wouldnt mind changing if i had to.
    Thanks in advance.
    Cooked

2. mdowns

mdowns Private First Class

Hey OverCooked. :)

I also use Firefox and Thunderbird. I think they're great alternatives to Microsoft.

As far as account settings go, just open up Thunderbird and click on Tools-->Account Settings. In that dialogue box, click on "Add Account..." From there, just set it up with the same info you've got on Netscape.

Also, I'm not too sure, but since Mozilla was one time part of Netscape, you might be able to import settings from your Netscape account. I don't really know though.

Hope this helps.

Oh, and one other point...I love Thunderbird, but many of the anti-virus suites out there do not scan the incoming and outgoing emails like they would if you were using Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express. The only anti-virus I found that will scan Thunderbird is Avast!, which you can get here at MG.

3. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

Hi
    Thanks for your help. I have an account going but i do not know what to put down for my incoming and outgoing server information. I tried looking for the netscape servers but came up with nothing.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds