Mozilla Thunderbird email program

Discussion in 'Software' started by tyrus2, Feb 28, 2007.

1. tyrus2

tyrus2 Private E-2

How do I uninstall Thunderbird?:(

2. jsm555

jsm555 Private E-2

You install TB just like you would any application, through Control Panel. The TB uninstall doesn't, however, delete your profile (a nice feature in the event that you're uninstalling a particular version of TB and want to install a different one) - if you want to get rid of the profile, you'll need to manually delete the folder containing it. It can be found in Documents&Settings/[username]/application data/thunderbird -

3. tyrus2

tyrus2 Private E-2

Did you mean "uninstall" instead of "install"?:eek:

Also, I don't see "/application data/" in my path?

4. tyrus2

tyrus2 Private E-2

Through experimentation I was able to delete 99% of TB by going into Safe Mode and uninstalling with AddRemove Programs. I just deleted a 1kb text file and another non-.dll file afterwards by highlighting and using "delete". Hope it doesn't screw up Firefox, but so far, so good.confused

5. jsm555

jsm555 Private E-2

Very strange - I've uninstalled/re-installed TB several times (there were a couple of releases that were buggy) but never had to do any manual uninstall of dll's -

6. tyrus2

tyrus2 Private E-2

I believe TB is gone now. Thanks for your help.

7. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

The only way to see "application data" is to right click "start", click on "explore", then up on the top menu bar - click on "tools".

Go to "folder options", click on "view" tab, then go down to "Hidden files and folders". Click the button to "Show hidden files and folders".

8. tyrus2

tyrus2 Private E-2

Thank you.
    That did it.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds