Mozilla unable to connect

Discussion in 'Software' started by csugolfer, Aug 24, 2004.

1. csugolfer

csugolfer Private E-2

I installed Mozilla Firefox in my computer. However, it won't connect to the internet. After unsuccesfuly trying to open a web, a message shows up: "www.mozilla.org could not be found. Please check the name and try again." I check the connection settings under options, and it is on "Direct connection to the internet." I monitored the network activity, and the program doesn't even try to get on the net. I have a cable internet connection, and I'm using a router. However, the program doesn't work at my school network neither.
    Any ideas of how to get Mozilla working?

Regards,
    Dr. 666

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

did you have Zone Alarm installed on your machine at any time ?

3. ktiz

ktiz Corporal

hey check ur shaw connection cause latley shaws been up and down and also on ur other computers are they running explorer?
    also did it work fine when u just had explore with the hub?

4. csugolfer

csugolfer Private E-2

Yes I had zone alarm on my pc before...but not anymore

5. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

reinstall zone alarm.. set the access for mozilla to ALLOW internet access and try it out. If it works, then you're a victim of ZA's poor removal issue.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds