Mozzilla Says my SSL security protocols are not enabled, but they are.

Discussion in 'Software' started by indiglo, Jul 9, 2006.

1. indiglo

indiglo Private E-2

Hi guys, I'm back like I said for more help. Okay, Mozzilla/Firefox says that my SSL security protocols are not enabled so it will not allow me to go to any sites that have securrity issues. Even good ones that are from Mozzilla. It finally said that I had to download the upgrade in order to correct the problem. It worked great for 1 day. Then the next day, I start getting the same message. I don't get it.

AND, last night after fixing the display problems and getting some relief from having to constantly fix the display everytime I opened another program, like I said, it worked fine for last night. Then this morning,it started doing the same thing all over again.

I tried to re-install SBC Yahoo browser again because it started not allowing me to download the security updates, and then it would only allow me to download the browser itself and not the security programs that go with it. I have run the anti-spyware stuff before I uninstalled everything and it showed no viruses. So, I went to Microsofts site and downloaded their 90 day FREE trial Antivirus software and ran it. It said there were no viruses either.

So, I felt really frustrated because I had started running their online virus scanner and it showed 2 viruses before it accidentally got shut down when the browser hit a problem and closed. That is why I decided to re-download the browsers. I figured if I downloaded them fresh then there would be less errors. I even have 2 registry fixers and they keep coming up with errors but they would fix them.

Anyway, I'm tired of all these errors and my computer is throwing trouble at every turn. As we speak I am running Microsofts online virus scanner and it has found 4 viruses so far and it isn't done yet.

So, I came here to ask for some more help with all of these problems. I hope that the viruses are the cause of them, but if you think there may be something else that may be causing them or if they continue after I have killed the viruses can you please give me the answer now so that I can write them down and fix it when I am downloading the new software again after the viruses are gone.

I know, I sound a little slap happy, that's because I am. Not much sleep. I depend on my computer a lot because I am physically disabled and this is driving me crazy!!

I am perfectly inteligent enough to follow instructions so go ahead and write them down and I will print them out and hopefully fix this thing before it totally crashes on me.

I do have the re-initialization CD's, but I would really hate to lose everything right now. I have backed up most of my software of other programs, but did not have enough CD's to get them all.

I also need to delete a lot of stuff that I have downloaded so that I can free up some of my memory. I only have about 30GB left and it doesn't want me to use very much more of it for the system to work decently.

Thank you everyone in advance for all the help that you give to me.

indiglo:mad: :rolleyes: :eek: :confused: :( :rolleyes:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds