mp3 player with windows folder structure?

Discussion in 'Software' started by robert707, Jul 21, 2011.

1. robert707

robert707 Corporal

Ok I'm so over my ipod, i need an mp3 player that lets me create my own folder structure
    and grouping for songs. Like I create the folders of songs and sub directories on my own!

I listen to alot of classical compilations and the ipod just doesn't group them in the same album , it keeps dividing everything up...it's insane.

So, which mp3 player let's me do this myself!?!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I would need to think on this more to get what your after, but initial thoughts are, are the tags for your MP3 or AAC etc files correct as iTunes should group tracks with good Tags ok, and more so if you use playlists.

I have an iPod Touch and iPhone 3G and will try some scenarios out, I tend to use my Windows Mobile 7 phone more these days so will see if Zune (which is its backend music player) has options for this but a quick question, in that are the music tracks all from same albums or different ones in that do you want to create a playlist of like for like tracks? or just wish to play the same albums tracks but iTunes is not tagging them correctly so they get split into multiple listings?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds