Mpg Files Show Wrong Length.

Discussion in 'Software' started by adam_fozz, Jan 30, 2005.

1. adam_fozz

adam_fozz Private E-2

This problem is really starting to wind me up!

When attempting to play downloaded Mpgs on windows media player the legnth shows as only a couple of minuites (The time is not a constant with all the mpgs which do this).

This means that the video only plays until the time-bar gets to the end. I Hear everyone saying "The video is just that long short"!...

...Well if i click into the time-bar to skip ahead i can view parts of the video which would otherwise not play if i let the video play in full, as they are past the Total length time. For instance if i click right near the end of the time-bar i can catch the credits of the film but only briefly as the time-bar oviously still moves and because the total time is so short it quickly stops.

It is kind of difficult to explain other than this, but if it has happend to you, you will recognise the symptoms.

As i explained above i am using windows media player, however i have also tried the video on real player and the problem remains the same.

My system is a 2gig athlon xp with 512 ram, radeon 9200se, globalwin water cooling and 140 gig of Hard disk space.

Hope somebody can shed some light on this annoying problem.

Thanks

Adam_fozz :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds