MRVGINA.dll

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Paul-M, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Paul-M

Paul-M Private E-2

They are the instruction i followed and now i am unable to get in to my computer. It says the Logon User Interface DLL MRVGINA.dll failed to load!

I need help quickly i have some important work for school on my comp!

Any help would be great fully appreciated!

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Hello Paul, welcome to Major Geeks.

What instructions were these you were following and where did they come from?

3. Paul-M

Paul-M Private E-2

The quote above include the instructions and they came from NETGEAR technical support :(

4. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

5. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

Try to restore before installing new driver....

Its the Windows Safe Mode, you press F8 to get the Windows bootup menu, from there you choose Safe Mode (without networking).

Try a restore point from yesterday...

Or uninstalled the netgear driver may be try this first...

6. Paul-M

Paul-M Private E-2

What screen do i press F8 at? Because i am not sure if i am getting the right screen (using Windows XP Pro) it comes up asking what operating system would you like to use. Not what mode :(

7. Paul-M

Paul-M Private E-2

Never mind got into it :) I can't seem to find the file any information on where it is?

8. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

power the system up, tapping the F8 key repeatedly as soon as activity shows on the screen.
    It is important to do this before Windows starts to load.

you will then see a list of 'boot options'
    arrow key to safe mode and press enter

you will briefly see the query screen
    which operating system to start?
    But this should go on on its own - press enter if it does not

9. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

The fix for this problem depends upon your implementation of XP.
    So the registry edit works for some but hobbles others.
    All this is thrashed out in the thread I posted earlier, including where to look for the files.

10. Paul-M

Paul-M Private E-2

I can't seem to find a path in that thread to look in and i done a search for the file on my computer and nothing :(

Edit:
    And uninstalling (adding/removing) appears to be very long to load or just doesn't work in safe mode.

11. Paul-M

Paul-M Private E-2

Never mind repaired everything :)

Thank you for all your help guys ;)

12. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

i couldnt resist saying that mrvgina.dll made me laugh, it looks too much like "mr. vagina" for me to take it seriously hahahaha

glad you got everything sorted out

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds