MS Access 2000:Enter key does not switch form fields

Discussion in 'Software' started by jloyd01, Mar 16, 2006.

1. jloyd01

jloyd01 Private E-2

My background:

I have 5 years experience as a programmer, mainly dealing with java and higher end database systems. I have dealt with MS Access for a few years now. Most of my work has been modification stuff. I go into previously written code and update it with changes here and there.

My Problem:

I am working with a client on a major upgrade of their db. It started as an Access 2.0 database. I upgraded it to Access 2000 (among other changes). Now the users are telling me that where they used to be able to use the enter key to switch data entry fields, they now have to use the tab key.

All users are using Access 2000 or 2002 (XP) and are running on Windows XP machines.

Any advice and what things to look at?

Thanks,

John

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Look at the "enter key behavior" (properties of form in design view) on the form and/or text boxes affected. Make sure it is set to default for those items that do not need to have a new line (i.e. Text Area's) when enter is pressed.

3. jloyd01

jloyd01 Private E-2

Thanks for the help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds