MS Access users

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mada_Milty, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Hello All,

Perhaps an easy one today. I have an Access form as shown in the below screenshot. I would like to set this up so that when a number is entered in the 'Project No:' field, it searches a table in the same database, and if it finds a record with that number, updates the other fields accordingly. If it doesn't, I would like it to prompt the user to create a new entry. I was hoping someone could give me some tips; I'm pretty new to Access.

Thanks Muchly!

Attached Files:

2. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

I'm not 100% certain but I think you would need two tables within the database with a relationship set up between the two using a common field. Then in the form setup you would need a subform displayed on a form. The relationship link would then mean the data from both tables would be displayed when you put in the linking fields data.

Hope that makes some kind of sense. :eek: :)

3. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Heh, thank you muchly Yargwel. Unfortunately, this whole setup got scrapped.

Buuuuuuuuut, you're entirely correct. Shame I can't use the info anymore.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds